Benefits of Solar Energy
Solar energy is obtained from the sun’s radiation and it can be converted to electricity or heat. Solar energy has the least negative impact on the environment compared to any other energy source. Generate your own electricity and save on your electrical bills.
To learn more, please watch this video.
Get a Free Estimate for Solar
The program provides a $0.75/watt incentive to residential systems. The maximum grant amount is the lesser of 30% of eligible system cost or $10,000. Details on the program can be found here.
The City incentive will be paid to applicants at a rate of $0.15/watt (installed), to a maximum amount, when combined with the Energy Efficiency Ablerta incentive paid on the same application, of 50% of the eligible system costs or the City incentive cap of $6,500 per application, whichever is reached first.
Start Saving Money
With a solar power system, you can avoid frequent rate hikes associated with fossil fuels. At an average utility rate of $0.05 per kWh, you’ll save $100 in the first year.
Alberta’s micro-generation regulation allows customers to generate their own renewable energy to power their home, farm, or business and send the excess electricity back to the province’s electricity grid for a credit.
Solar power is one of the cleanest sources of energy because it does not emit any pollution when it is produced or consumed, so it can help avoid carbon dioxide (CO2) and other air pollutant emissions associated with conventional electricity.
How It Works?
From the Proposal to the Commissioning of your system, here’s what we do.
I – We’ll complete a FREE Site assessment
- 1. We’ll meet you on site, or make arrangement to get some more information from
- 2. Combining data obtain on site and with the use of technology we’ll use that
information to design the right system for you.
- 3. We’ll check your roof and make sure it structural sound and preforming well.
We’re the experts on roofing!
II – Provide you a Proposal
- 1. Now the fun begins! We’ll show you how much energy your system can produce,
and how that can benefit you financially.
- 2. You’ll see how your system will benefit the environment.
- 3. You’ll see how much the system will cost, and we’ll go over the rebates we can
III – Provide you the Contract
- Time to make if happen! Now that you’ve seen what we can offer we can move
forward, we’ll provide a contract with all the details, once signed we get to work.
IV – Applications, Grants and Funding
- 1. We’re here to make this easy, we do all the paperwork need to get your system approved, first we’ll get moving on the grants and funding applicable to your project.
- 2. Next we get the engineering, permits and applications taken care of.
V – Install, and Commissioning
- 1. We install! We’ll schedule with the client once all the permits are in place and get
- 2. We inspect, all our work is monitored for quality and safety.
- 3. We get inspected. All Solar PV work is completed be qualified electricians, and
will be inspected by your city or county.
- 4. We commission the system and show you how it works.
- 5. We finalize payment and get you those grants.
Additional Links related to Solar
Solar Alberta – Information on how a grid tied system works, grants and incentives.
Efficiency Alberta – Jayson Global is an approved installer.
On-Farm Solar Photovoltaics Program – This is for farm solar rebate, for anyone with a distribution rate class “Farm” this is a great rebate.
WHY CHOOSE JAYSON GLOBAL?
As one of the larger roofing companies in Edmonton, we can deal with all commercial roofing and exteriors projects through our commercial division and residential roofing and exterior requirements through our residential division. Our main number for all your enquiries is 780.438.0331 or simply send us an email.
We are fully insured and carry full up-to-date Workers’ Compensation Board coverage (WCB) for all of our experienced roofing technicians. You will receive a full workmanship warranty on your roofing system, giving you complete peace of mind. Our testimonials page features reviews from just a few of our satisfied customers and we are featured on the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.