Benefits of Solar Energy
Solar energy is obtained by converting the sun’s radiation to electricity or heat. Solar energy has the least negative impact on the environment compared to any other energy source. Generate your own electricity and reduce your electrical bills.
To learn more, please watch this video.
Get a Free Estimate for Solar
The program provides a $0.75/watt incentive to residential systems. The maximum grant amount is the lesser of 30% of eligible system cost or $10,000. Details on the program can be found here.
The City incentive will be paid to applicants at a rate of $0.15/watt (installed), to a maximum amount (when combined with the Energy Efficiency Ablerta incentive paid on the same application) of 50% of the eligible system costs or the City incentive cap of $6,500 per application, whichever is reached first.
Start Saving Money
With a solar power system, you can avoid frequent rate hikes associated with fossil fuels. At an average utility rate of $0.05 per kWh, you’ll save $100 in the first year.
Alberta’s micro-generation regulation allows customers to generate their own renewable energy to power their home, farm, or business and send the excess electricity back to the province’s electricity grid for a credit.
Solar power is one of the cleanest sources of energy because it does not emit any pollution when it is produced or consumed, so it avoides emissions associated with conventional electricity.
How It Works?
From proposal to the commissioning of your system, here’s what we do:
I – We’ll complete a FREE site assessment
- We’ll meet you on-site, or make arrangements to get more information from
- Combining data obtained on-site and with the use of technology, we’ll use that
information to design the right system for you.
- We’ll check your roof and make sure it is structurally sound and performing well.
II – Provide you a proposal
- We’ll show you how much energy your system can produce, and how that can benefit you financially.
- You’ll see how your system will help the environment.
- You’ll see how much the system will cost, and we’ll go over the rebates we can apply for.
III – Provide you the contract
- Time to make it happen! Now that you’ve seen what we can offer, we’ll provide a contract with all the details. Once signed, we get to work.
IV – Applications, grants and funding
- We’re here to make this easy. We do all the paperwork needed to get your system approved. First we’ll get moving on the grants and funding applicable to your project.
- Next we get the engineering, permits, and applications taken care of.
V – Install and commissioning
- We’ll schedule with you once all the permits are in place and get
- We inspect all our work for quality and safety.
- All Solar PV work is completed be qualified electricians, and will be inspected by your city or county.
- We commission the system and show you how it works.
- We finalize payment and get you those grants.
Additional Links related to Solar
Solar Alberta – Information on how a grid tied system works, grants and incentives.
Efficiency Alberta – Jayson Global is an approved installer.
On-Farm Solar Photovoltaics Program – This is for farm solar rebates. This is a great rebate for anyone with a distribution rate class “Farm”.
WHY CHOOSE JAYSON GLOBAL?
As one of the larger roofing companies in Edmonton, we can deal with all of your residential roofing and exterior requirements. Call us at (780) 438-0331 or fill out our service call form. Alternatively, you can also get a quote on a replacement roof or exterior section and we will send our inspection team at no cost.
Our Teams are fully insured and carry full, up-to-date Workers’ Compensation Board coverage (WCB). You will receive a full workmanship warranty on your roofing system, giving you complete peace of mind. Please visit our testimonials page and see reviews from our satisfied customers. We are also featured on the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating.